Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankfulness


Lately I've been thinking a lot about being thankful for what I have. Perhaps it's the month of November what with Thanksgiving being at the end of the month and all, but I feel like it is more of a conviction. Unfortunately I tend to be one of those people who sees one prayer get answered, and then my mind quickly goes to, "Great, Lord. Ok so when are you going to answer my next prayer? Or how exactly are You going to work this situation out?" So recently I have been trying to meditate on all the good the Lord has done for me and my little family instead of worrying over when some of my bigger prayers that I haven't seen answered yet are going to be answered.

First, there's the obvious blessings, that I absolutely never want to take for granted, my husband and my children. My husband desires to take care of his family, lead his family, and he loves us very much. I'm thankful for my 2 year old's infectious giggle and my daughter's cuddly personality. I'm thankful they are healthy and safe. I'm thankful that the Lord has blessed us with another child on the way, even if it wasn't in our "plans" to have another baby quite this soon. I am thankful I can be home with them.

Then there is some of the more specific things I am thankful for. I'm thankful for feeling better after a week long illness. I'm thankful for bills being paid when we aren't always sure how exactly we are going to make ends meet. I'm thankful for God's Word and having the peace of knowing we are walking in His Will. I'm thankful that even when it seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day, the things that need to get done are accomplished. I'm so thankful for godly friends who desire to raise up their children in the Lord. I'm thankful my husband is able to go back to school after we have spent several years wondering what direction we should be heading.

Are things in my life perfect? Absolutely not. There are plenty of trials in my life that keep me clinging to Jesus with everything I have. We are waiting for our house to sell and for jobs to come available. I have a slightly high risk pregnancy that keeps us all anxious occasionally. I definently do not always react the way I should in many situations. But when I remember all the good- all the pleasant places the lines have fallen- that has been given to me I remember that anything that is given to me isn't because of anything good I have done, but because I have a Heavenly Father who loves and knows what's best for me. When I think of things that way what more could I possibly be thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10