Thursday, December 24, 2009

For our sakes He became Poor

"Joy to the World! The LORD has come! Let Earth receive her King."

Merry Christmas Eve to anyone who is still reading this! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated, life has been very busy, and there hasn't been much time to get online. Hopefully I'll be updating more now that my husbands finals are over.

Six years ago, when I was eighteen, I became a Christian. That first Christmas as a born again believer was one of the most special Christmas's I've been blessed to have. For some reason, the Lord saved me and gave me a heart for studying and knowing His Word. The last couple of weeks have been filled with lots of activity, and unfortunately time meditating on God coming to Earth hasn't been as frequent as I had hoped it would be, but the last couple of days, the Truth has really been manifesting itself in my life. One thing that has occurred to me is how singing Christmas songs has become such a loved tradition in my life, that I almost forget how true the lyrics are to some of our favorite Christmas Carols(excluding the Santa ones, lol.)

Tonight if you're going to a Christmas Eve service, or tomorrow if your Church has Christmas Church, or if you're just going to be driving around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas Carols, please be encouraged to truly worship the Savior to your favorite songs. And be thankful to God that He loves us so much that 2000 years ago he became poor for our sakes. Not because He owed us any favors, but because He loves us.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10