Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The mystery of Boys


Being a mother to boys can be very funny to me. Prior to having Jack, I didn't have a whole lot of experience with babies and children in general, and the ones I was around were always little girls. I have an older brother who's five years older than me, so I don't remember how he acted when he was younger.

My parents would tell me stories of how my brother and his best friend could be found wrestling in the back yard, sometimes fighting and rolling around on the ground. Supposedly one time someone was wearing a batman costume and it made the other one so jealous a huge fight ensued. My parents still laugh and tell me they were just sure that they weren't going to play together anymore, but 20 minutes later everything was fine and all the jealousy was forgotten.

So far Max and Jack have been much more laid back babies than Anna or Lily were(let's hope that trend continues!) And watching Jack interact with his little friends is so very funny to me. For example last Sunday one of Jack's friends came up to him and started calling him a porcupine. This caused Jack to fall into a fit of laughter, and the next thing you know they're in a ball on the floor calling each other porcupines.

At our weekly classical conversations group whenever there's free time the girls can be found sitting quietly talking and eating a snack, and the boys are generally chasing each other pretending to fight the bad guys, and wrestling.

Truthfully I really enjoy the differences. I actually encourage the sword fighting, super heroes, and pretending to be knights off to slay the dragon. I love that they desire to protect others from such an early age.

Raising boys is certainly an interesting, and sometimes confusing journey for me, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10