Monday, October 29, 2012

Home School- 2 months In

The first questions I get asked these days is about homeschooling. How it's going, how Jack likes it, and how I like it.

In the spirit of being real with you all, I'll just come out and admit that home schooling is way harder than I ever anticipated!

It's not that Jack doesn't enjoy learning. In fact, he loves learning, and really likes doing school. And I do enjoy it, sometimes. But the fact is homeschooling does require some sense of self discipline and organization. These would definitely be areas I tend to struggle in. Sometimes I can get overwhelmed when I think about all there is to do in a day.

I have been learning what seems to work for us, and I've been learning from some women who are further along in this journey and gleaning whatever wisdom I can. My husband and I have had some good conversations about what our long term and short term goals are. And I'm constantly asking the Lord for wisdom and guidance, and asking Him to help me love my children the way he does. This is where God has us. This is the conviction God has given Erik and I in regards to education, and at the end of the day I have to trust that God will equip us to do what he has called us to do.

It's certainly not been without it's wonderful moments too. It's fun watching your child learn to read. It's sweet hearing them request to do school on a Saturday. I love that I can work at Jack's pace, and that we can take our time if something is giving him trouble. And the best part is being able to give him a Christ centered education.

So, yes, I suppose I am enjoying home education. It's harder than I ever imagined it would be, but I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be able to this with my children.


Growing Home





1 comment :

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10