Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Kindle Destroyer

A few years ago, my parents and I went in together and bought Erik a kindle for his birthday. This was way back in the dark ages, when no one knew if they would like kindles or not.

Well my husband was so happy to receive such an unexpected, and perhaps a little extravagant gift from us, and he immediately started downloading books. Since both of us love to read, he would occasionally tease me about having to wait for a book to be shipped to our house when all he had to do was push a button to receive a new book.

Probably a year later, around the time we had out fourth baby and moved to a new town, he surprised me with a new kindle of my own. I was SO excited, and happily downloaded some new books to read.

But one day, as I was curling up to read during nap time, I switched the screen on, only to discover that the screen had somehow broken. I was very disappointed, but thankfully discovered that I could get it replaced with my warranty we had on it.

A few days later, my new kindle arrived. I was determined to be extra careful with it, but within a few days the screen had broken again. When we called amazon this time, they said that some of the kindles had malfunctioning screens and that we could replace them up to a year of when we had purchased them.

So I received my third kindle in about 2 months.

Then a year later(a year and one month later, to be exact) the same thing happened. I had no idea how this kept happening, but somehow the screens kept breaking.

This time the warranty had run out, so I figured there was no way I was going to be getting another one anytime soon.

But then Erik received a Kindle fire as a Christmas gift, and after a little bit of coaxing he gave me his old one(the one that my parents and I had given him a few years ago.)

"You better not break this one too!" Erik had joked the night he gave it to me.

I just laughed. After all, I hadn't actually broken any of the old kindle's. I'd just had bad luck with getting ones with dysfunctional screens, right?

Last week, I climbed wearily into bed. It had been a long day of homeschooling and discipline issues, and all I wanted to do was curl up with my book and go to sleep. When I got into bed, I reached over to turn off Erik's lamp(he was at a Bible study that night and not home yet) and as I did I heard a loud "CRUNCH."

As I looked down, much to my horror, I discovered that the top half of my kindle screen had just shattered.

Moral of the story? If you have a kindle, keep it far, far away from me.

Be sure to enter the giveaway for doTERRA essential oils!

If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you followed my blog via email or"liked" my page on facebook. Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10