Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Salted Caramel Brownies Recipe


I really love salted caramel. I also really love chocolate. So it was kind of a given that I needed to try and combine the two. Last week I saw this recipe for brownies on Money Saving Mom, and knew I had to try it. As I was pulling out the ingredients I thought to myself,"I should add some salted caramel to this and see how it turns out!" I was definitely not disappointed! And, neither was anyone else in my family, as they were gone within 24 hours. :)

Brownies(slightly modified from this recipe)

3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup butter divided
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups sugar(original recipe calls for two cups, but the caramel makes them a little too sweet with that amount)
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

In large bowl combine baking soda and cocoa. Stir the first 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water and blend.

Stir in sugar, remaining butter, and eggs. Add vanilla, salt, and flour. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour in greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

Salted Caramel( modified from this recipe)

4 T butter
3 T brown sugar
3 T white sugar
1 tsp salt
1- 2 T half & half
1 T Powdered Sugar

Heat butter, brown and white sugar, half & half, and salt until boiling. Remove from heat and stir for 30 more seconds. Add a tablespoon of Powdered sugar, and stir until it's thick. If you want the glaze a little thicker add another tablespoon  of powdered sugar.

Pour over brownies fresh out of the oven, and enjoy! :)

href="http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/">src="http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj500/naomifuentes/wisewomanbutton.jpg"
 border="0" alt="Wise-Woman-Builds "/>











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10