Thursday, March 28, 2013

Standing on My Head & Spinning

Two weeks before I was due with Luke, my doctor suggested scheduling an induction because my gestational diabetes was getting worse with each passing week. I was a little torn, I had really hoped to go into labor on my own, but I also didn't want to put myself or Luke at any extra risk. After talking it over with Erik and praying about it we decided we would go ahead and schedule an induction for March 15, but in the mean time we would try as many natural ways to get labor started on its own as we could.

A couple of days before I was suppose to be induced, I went in to the doctors for one final check and a final NST, where I was told that Luke had flipped himself over and was no longer engaged. I hadn't dilated at all, which was pretty discouraging to hear since the week before I had been almost 2 cm. Who knew you could un-dilate?!

We were pretty discouraged, and the night before I was scheduled to go in for induction I felt a really weird sensation, and was fairly confident that Luke was transverse. Max had been transverse until the week before I had him, so I was familiar with how it felt. I sent out a text to some close friends to have them pray for us, and one of my friends sent me a text back with some info on how to try to get a transverse baby to flip into the head down position.

So at eleven o clock that night, if you would've peaked into my window, you would've seen a nine month pregnant woman standing on her head while her husband spotted her. I used to do gymnastics, but being pregnant sure throws off your center of gravity!

We tried this several times, and then decided it was time to go to bed. We prayed Luke would flip over, but prepared ourselves that we might be coming home for a few more days because I definitely did not want to have a c -section.

Neither of us got much sleep that night, though..

1 comment :

  1. Ahh, way to leave us hanging!! LOL Can't wait to read the rest of the story! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10