Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day in the Life- Tuesday

Photo: She put my veil on this morning and said she wanted to marry daddy and have 20 babies :)

6:00- My alarm goes off, and I wonder why my alarm is going off in the middle of the night. I am very sad to discover that it is in fact six in the morning, and this is the time I should be getting up at. BUT, I'm tired. So I turn off my alarm and go back to sleep, hoping to stay that way until Erik wakes up for work.

However, Max has other plans, and wakes up around 6:30. I try to get him before he wakes up Jack, but it's to no avail. Thankfully, I tell Jack he needs to go back to sleep for awhile longer and he does.

Max and I eat some baked oatmeal for breakfast, and I sit down with my Bible. Some friends and I are working on memorizing the Sermon on the Mount, but my brain is not working this morning, so I just read Psalm 34, and Matthew 6.

8:00- Erik is off to work, and Jack, Anna, and Lily are up and ready to start the day. It's then that I realize Max and I finished off the oatmeal, and I need to make something for breakfast. So I have them watch an episode of What's In the Bible and make some blueberry pancakes for breakfast. We do our catechism, and read the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den. Then we clean up and I let them finish their video while I try to steal away to take a shower. :)

9:00-11:00- We go outside and the kids (minus Max who is taking his morning nap) spend the morning swimming in their little pool. There are many, many "teachable" moments, reminders about how we are suppose to obey and how we say please and thank you. It is a really nice morning though, and I definitely enjoyed watching them play.

11:00- Max is up, and we all eat a little snack before lunch. The kids have pretty well emptied out their pool by this point, and are happily pouring water all over the tree in our back yard. Jack keeps telling me he's going to turn the tree into a hot dog(hey, at least they're all playing nice together!) So I take Max and Lily inside with me and try to get some house work done, while Anna and Jack play.

12:00- Erik comes home for lunch, and we eat left over lemon garlic chicken. The kids have peanut butter and honey, and tell Erik all about their day. After lunch I stick dinner in the crock pot(which saves my sanity most days!) and read a few books to the kids.

1:30- Everyone goes down for "naps." I use the quote marks because I have to go into each child's room and remind certain children that it's nap time, not play time. 

2:30- Everyone's quiet, and I'm hit by how tired I am, so I lay down for a little while and try to take a nap- which I do(yay!!)

3:00- I do some laundry, clean up the living room and kitchen, and make myself a smoothie. I would much rather have coffee, but we are all out. :)

4:00- Every one is awake. I get them set up at the table with crayons and paper, while I try to finish dinner and make myself look presentable.:) At one point I discover that Lily has gotten a hold of a maker and has tried to eat it. This is the point where I start anxiously waiting for Erik to come home and help me regain my sanity. 

5:15- Erik is home! We eat chicken curry, and do our family Bible time. 

6:00- Erik plays with kiddos, while I clean up dinner. We all sit down and read some more books, and Jack practices reading by himself. 

7:30- Bed time. Kids go to bed fairly easily tonight, which is definitely a blessing.

8:30- Erik goes to meet some men from the church for their accountability time. I hang out and watch an episode of cake boss and get on the internet. 

9:30- I am SO tired. I don't usually go to bed this early but decide I probably should. I fall asleep thankful for being able to spend a nice day with my family.

a-wise-woman-builds-her-home

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10