Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Of Worry


It happened again today. I was going about my day, when I was suddenly overwhelmed with some of the difficult circumstances going on in my life.

I wanted to get angry. I wanted to run away. Or at the very least zone out in front of the television.

Then I remembered. Praise God, I remembered.

"Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread will give him a stone?..If you then who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in Heaven give good things to those who ask him!" Matt. 7:9-11

"...and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 b

A familiar Peace filled my heart. This isn't the first time I've dealt with the sin of worry. I've not always responded to it in the correct way. But today, by the grace of God, I was able to focus on God's promises.

I was blessed to be at Sunday night church(a rarity), and part of the message was about taking God at His Word. There is nothing that needs to be added to it, there is nothing to be taken from it, Praise God we can cling to the promises in His Word, and know that God will fulfill His promises. There is nothing outside of His control. Even when it feels like God's giving me a stone and not bread, I have to trust that God knows what's best for me. Just like I would never give my children something dangerous, God knows far better than me what is for my own good.

2 comments :

  1. well said! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Jess...God really DOES know what is best for you! Good for you...not zoning in front of the TV!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10