Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday Weekend, part 2


Sunday, before church, we got the children up and surprised Jack with a birthday balloon when he came down the stairs. Anna and Jack both got a "special" breakfast of doughnuts and chocolate milk. Yes we got them nice and wound up and then dropped them off at Sunday school! I bet their teachers loved us for that...

After Church we invited Erik's parents over for lunch. We had Jack's favorite meal, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, and corn bread. When lunch was over and we had played for awhile we had birthday cupcakes. I had found a recipe for frog cupcakes that I thought looked pretty simple, so I tried making them. I'm not so sure they looked like frogs, but the cupcakes were still a hit!


After we ate cupcakes, the kids plus Erik went down for naps. When the children woke up we played outside for awhile and then had a picnic on the living room floor and watched Little Einsteins. I think this was the most exciting part of the day! Jack kept running up to me saying, "Thank you, mommy!" And Anna sat mesmerized on her blanket looking at me to make sure it really was ok to eat her peanut butter and jelly sandwich off the floor. At one point in the video one of the characters says, "Who gets balloons, cake, and presents?" And without missing a beat Anna exclaims, "Jack!" She said it in such a sweet way, though. Erik told her to hang in there, her birthday is just a few weeks away.

Jack's third birthday went really well. Erik and I really want to give our children a lot of special memories while they grow up, and hopefully we were able to do that last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10