Monday, April 26, 2010

Letter to Jack

To my sweet boy,

You are just a few months away from turning three already! I can't believe you are getting so big. It doesn't seem so long ago that I found out I was pregnant with you, but I guess that's what every mother thinks about her children, isn't it? You are still a laid back little man(for the most part) and very cheerful. You still can't go anywhere without your "froggie", though every day I grow a little more concerned that Froggie's days are numbered. Daddy and I have searched high and low for another stuffed frog like him, but it's all been to no avail. You take such good care of him, though. Froggie has a hole in him and his stuffing falls out and you always pick up the stuffing and put it back inside him. If only you had a mommy who knew how to sew...

  Speaking of taking such good care of things, you take very good care of your little sister's. Anna is your best friend, and you like to give her random hugs throughout the day. You also enjoy playing with Lily(or as you call her, "Wiwi" you haven't quite got your L's down yet), and she adores you. You love to play peek-a-boo in our curtains with Anna, coloring and playing with play doh, anything that has to do with music, and being outside. 

You're also going through a cute phase where you like to give "air hugs". When we are sitting at the table eating dinner you say, "Mommy, I give you hug!" and then you pretend to hug me from across the table. You are learning how to sit through Church with mommy and daddy(and Lily), and you really like the music. Though, you were scared of the loud music the first couple of times we took you into big church with us. You are fascinated by the cross and you love listening to the piano.

You are learning to obey Mommy and Daddy the first time we ask you to do something with a cheerful heart, but I'm guessing we'll always be working with you on that one! We love you so much, my sweet boy! I pray everyday that you will one day know who Jesus is and grow into a godly young man who's desire is to serve the Lord. 

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your Word. With my whole heart I seek You, let me not wander from your commandments!" Psalm 119:9-10

When you were a week old exactly I came across this verse, and I have prayed this for you periodically throughout your little life. 

 

1 comment :

  1. fabulous pictures! I love the air hugs, I haven't seen that one yet. Too cute. (oh, btw, if you bring Froggie over for a visit I bet I could fix him up in no time! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10