Monday, September 30, 2013

The Weekend, Menu Plans, & Goals

I think the fall weather is finally here, and I have been loving it! Late last week the kids and I met up with some friends to go on a hike and picnic, and the weather was almost perfect( although by the time we left it was definitely back to feeling like summer.) I loved watching the kids explore, and watching them use their imaginations(even if the boys all wanted to pretend to be the Hulk.:)



Friday was mostly spent getting ready for a yard sale I was planning on having Saturday morning. We had a ridiculous amount of baby girls clothes that I was trying to get rid of. Even after giving away several bags full to friends and family I still had more than enough clothes to try and sell. And despite selling quite a bit, I still gave away two trash bags full of girls clothes to Goodwill!

Saturday night, we went to Target and to our favorite Korean restaurant for take out. Sunday was spent at church, a cook out, and then my family came in town to spend a few day with the kids. And since we have grandparents here, we are taking a few days off official school to just enjoy spending time together.


We always love having some extra hands that are willing to help with our five crazies. :)

This weeks goals are pretty simple:

Exercise 3x(I'm alternating between a Yoga DVD and the 30 day shred)
Figure out a better schedule for home school.
Make up some boxes of activities for Max and Lily to do only during school times.
Make two freezer meals for the especially busy evenings.
Being more intentional loving Erik and my kids(I think this is my goal every single week :)

My menu plan for the week is:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal, Granola, eggs& toast, possibly blueberry muffins

Lunch:
peanut butter & honey sandwiches, leftovers, salads(for me), and snack-ish type lunch(carrot sticks, cheese, peppers, apple slices with peanut butter, popcorn), hot dogs

Dinner:
chicken enchilada casserole, broccoli cheese soup(also known as candy soup)& bread, whole chicken in the crockpot with carrots sauteed in butter & cheesy cauliflower, pizza, pancakes &eggs(standard Sunday night dinner.)

Dessert:
Pumpkin cheesecake cookies(these look SO good!!)

What's on everyone else's menu this week? I'm always in need of inspiration for food to fix!

1 comment :

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10