Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

I have always loved using my crock pot, but now that we are in full on school mode I am appreciating it even more! School takes up most of the morning, and then between laundry, keeping the house decent looking, and that little detail of raising five beautiful children I really don't have a whole lot of extra time to be spending in the kitchen making dinner. But since everyone in this house likes to eat, making meals has to be some sort of priority. I'm thankful my crock pot allows us to have good meals that don't require a whole lot of extra work on my part. And since I know the rest of you are busy, I thought you might like to see my five favorite crock pot recipes.

1. Pork Carnitas. I made these on a whim a few months ago, and they were a huge hit!

2. Whole Chicken in Slow Cooker The chicken falls off the bone, and because it's been sitting all day it's super flavorful.

3. Crock pot cheese tortellini is probably one of our favorite meals of all time.

4. Chicken, broccoli, cheese and rice casserole another favorite that requires very little effort on my part, and as an added bonus I don't have to make sides. :)

5. And then there's my method of dumping chicken breast, salsa, and cream cheese in the crock pot. I set it on high for about 4-5 hours, check on it occasionally to stir, and then use it for chicken tacos that night.

Do the rest of you have any favorite recipes you'd be willing to share?


2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crockpot recipes!! With our busy life I also like the idea of having supper ready! Thanks for posting. I am going to be trying these recipes!! P.S. I deleted my previous comment because of a typo :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10