Saturday, July 3, 2010

A fun day At Home

A couple of weeks ago, on one of those miserably hot and humid days, we got a hankering to make some cookies. It was a fun way to spend the morning, and I was able to teach a little math and letter writing to my two year old.

 Jack and Anna enjoying their egg beater. I'm not sure why Anna has that look on her face, but if memory serves correctly I'm pretty sure Jack tried to take her egg beater.

There's a much better face! Since Anna isn't quite two, the way I have her "help" is by giving her a metal spoon and measuring cup. I just put an apron on her and have her sit on a chair so she can see what's going on(if she wants, it's no big deal if she'd rather run around the kitchen) and she seems to have a blast.




Sorry this is a little blurry. Jack takes his job of dumping ingredients into the bowl very seriously, and loves to hold the mixer. We talk about measuring, and count how many scoops we put in the mixing bowl. 






We decided to make a glaze and initial some cookies just for fun. And yes there is an "M" cookie for mommy! I'm pretty sure most of the cookies had D's on them for Daddy, though...

It was a fun morning, even if it did take almost three hours to make cookies. Sorry there isn't any pictures of Lily on here, she was napping during most of the baking and the ones I did take of her that morning were really blurry. 

What activities do you guys do with your children(or grandchildren) to keep them entertained?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10