Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Day, Busy Weekends, & Thai Food




It was such a busy and full weekend.

On Valentine's day our church offered childcare to all the families at church.

I may have been one of the first people to sign up, ahem.

We went out with another couple for Thai food, and then coffee. I was extremely grateful to our church for offering this service, and we had such a nice time. However, the kids didn't get to bed until after 10, which normally wouldn't have been too much of a problem, except we had to get up and go back to Church for a community group leader's meeting the next morning.

When I dropped the kids off in the nursery, I warned the nursery workers what they might be in for. I think I apologized about ten times before being assured that they could handle it, and would come get me if there was any problems.

Thankfully there wasn't while we were at church, but I had to go grocery shopping after the meeting, and Erik had to stay even longer at the church for praise band practice. That's when things got, shall we say, interesting. 

We just had to go to Aldi, but it was still pretty rough. At one point I was carrying a sobbing two year old and ten month old through the store, all while attempting to push a shopping cart and directing the older kids. I think the people there were glad to see us go!

Oh well, had this been four years ago I would've felt horribly guilty and like a failure as a mother. Now I realize that this is how kids act when they're tired, and it's kind of my fault that they weren't able to get enough sleep(but that's a soap box for a different day!)

Sunday was spent at church, then we all came home and crashed for a couple of hours. When the kids woke up we decided to have a movie night and just eat popcorn and ice cream for dinner. Definitely not the healthiest dinner, but it was still fun. :)

Goals:
I completely bombed all of last weeks goals. Here's hoping this week will be more productive!

1. Continue reading My Father's Dragon to the kids, and hopefully start In Grandma's Attic later this week.

2. Exercise 4 times.

3. Continue memorizing Philippians 2.

4. Make some freezer meals(I started this today. So far I have two chicken casseroles in the freezer, plus some extra cooked chicken, and tomorrow I'll have a batch of broth made.) I've been seriously lacking in motivation when it comes to meals lately, so I'm hoping this will help. Jack said to me last week,"Mommy, we sure do eat a lot of peanut butter and jelly." :)

5. To be kind, and focus on not complaining, but using my words for building others up.

Menu:

Breakfast- Eggs & toast, breakfast cookies, Oatmeal, blueberry muffins, applesauce bread

Lunch- salads, left overs, and, yes, peanut butter and jelly(sorry, Jack!)

Dinner- Melt in your mouth chicken with rice & carrots, Cheeseburger Soup, Tortellini Soup, chicken pasta casserole(from the freezer), feta-turkey burgers, cheeseburger casserole

How was everyone else's weekend? What goals or menu plans do you all have going on this week?

Be sure to enter the giveaway for DrinkBands!

If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you subscribed to this blog via email, or "liked" my page on facebook. Thank you so much for stopping by!

(Amazon links are affiliates, thank you!)



2 comments :

  1. Hiya! I read My Father's Dragon with my boys - we loved it! I love that you're memorizing Scripture in your weekly goals. I should start including that, myself. And I applaud you for focusing on not complaining - that is a wonderful goal! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wanting to start exercising too! The weather is getting nicer and it's staying later so I just need to get rid of the excuses. I feel you on that being how kids act! My daughter sat down on the sidewalk crying on our walk home today. She doesn't normally nap but took a two hour one when we got home.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10