Thursday, June 30, 2011

If You Find my Mind

From time to time I like to write about the funny things my kids do or say. But today I thought it'd be fun to let you all laugh at me, because I've apparently lost my mind. So, yes, even though the adjustment is going well having four kids, I'm not immune to the effects of sleep deprivation. At least that's what I'm choosing to blame it on, once Max starts sleeping through the night I'll have to find something else to blame.

1. Last week while I was making an appointment for Max they asked me to come in on Friday, and I said, "Isn't today Friday?" to which the person on the other end of the phone had to tell me,"No, ma'am, it's Tuesday."

2. My Bible Study teacher asked if I'd finished a map depicting Paul's missionary journey. Unfortunately the only map I could think of was the map from Dora the Explorer, and I was so confused as to why she was talking about Dora at Bible Study.

3. The other night my mother in law asked me if she could pick up the pictures Erik and I had done at the Church. I just kept staring at her blankly, until finally I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, we didn't take any pictures of the Church. She finally explained that she knew we hadn't taken pictures of the Church, but she wanted to get the professional pictures we'd had done a few months ago at the church. I think she may have wondered for a minute or two what kind of woman her son had married. :)

Yes, I believe I've lost my mind, at least temporarily. I've stared blankly more times than I can count when someone's asked me a question and had to ask them to repeat themselves, put the wrong kids shoes on their feet, lost my keys about a thousand times, and got worried that I hadn't felt the baby move inside me(and of course realized the baby wasn't inside of me anymore.) Oh well after I had Lily I managed to lose three different debit cards, which I (thankfully) haven't done this time around. And sleep deprived or not, the truth is I've always been a little scatter brained. There was once a time when I dropped my cell phone down a sewer drain. I guess when I remember all the other things I've done absentmindedly, this doesn't seem so bad. At least this time I have a good excuse.

2 comments :

  1. And I remember who had to go and fish out the cell phone from the sewer which just happened to be out in front of a tattoo parlor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! I completely understand!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10