Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Glorifying in the Waiting

Life right now is full of unknowns for my little family. Erik has just finished school and we are anxiously awaiting the next step, but we aren't quite sure what that will be. We don't know if we'll be moving, we don't know exactly the field he'll be starting out in, heck we don't even know if we're having a boy or a girl next month! Right now we are definitely in a season of waiting. We are learning patience and contentment. We are learning to use our lives to glorify God even when we feel as if His timing isn't corresponding with ours.

It is hard. Really, really hard. But God has been faithful to us time and time again, and we know He will continue to be. It's just a matter of truly relying on Him and not worrying the day away.

"11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
12 I will ponder all your work,
and meditate on your mighty deeds.
13 Your way, O God, is holy.
What god is great like our God?"
Psalm 77

The last two years have been full of many seemingly impossible situations. We have been amazed at the ways we have been provided for, and it all points directly back to God. Right now is another lesson in waiting on the Lord's sovereign timing. But when I become anxious, all I need to remember is how faithful the Lord has been to us and I can wait with hopeful anticipation.

1 comment :

  1. I have seen Him work in our lives even greater things than we could have done on our own. I am also in another period of waiting on several things to either be accomplished, or to see if they are not His will.

    Following from Women Living Well.
    http://milestonesoffaith.blogspot.com/

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10