Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Romans 8:1

Can I be really honest with you?

I struggle terribly with feelings of inadequacy. Especially as a mom. Every day I bombard myself with guilt. I compare myself to others. I question whether or not I'm doing this whole motherhood thing the "right way." I worry I don't give my kids enough undivided attention, and feel guilty that I probably don't play with Lily as much as I did with Jack. Other days I worry I'm not socializing them enough, and feel like a failure when they don't behave the way we've been trying to teach them.

I don't think I'm alone. I think every mother I know struggles with feelings of failure and sometimes condemnation.

But the other day a verse stopped me in my tracks.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

I'm sure I've read that verse many  times, but this is the first time it's really jumped out at me. That condemnation I feel, those feelings of failure, are not from God. Those feelings are from the enemy or our own sinful nature, but they are absolutely not from God!

God loves us. God convicts us and gives us wisdom, but God does not condemn those who are in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10