Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Are they twins?!

Something funny happens when your out running errands with you 3 kids under the age of 3(and you have a bulging belly showing there just might be another baby on the way.) Sometimes people stare not sure they're really seeing what they're seeing. Other times they make comments like,"Are they all yours?" or "Wow you sure have your hands full!" and there have even been a few times I've even heard, "Don't you and your husband have television?!" But I rarely get asked if my kids are twins.

However,the other day at the doctors office(which is worthy of a whole other blog post!) a sweet old lady asked me if my older children, Jack and Anna, were twins. This struck me as a little bit funny, since there is easily a 10 inch height difference between them and at least a 13 pound weight difference. I told her they weren't, and she sat frowning for a bit, and then said,"My word, they must be really close in age then." I replied they were 12 months apart. Later when I was telling a friend of mine about this incident she quipped that the lady was probably trying to give me the benefit of the doubt. This made for some good laughs.

I forget sometimes how unusual it must seem to others when they see me with my small children, especially considering (so I'm told) that I don't look very old to begin with(I'm *only* 25.) To be perfectly honest, before Erik and I started our family I'm sure we never imagined that we'd have children so close in age.

But here's the thing. We love it. Granted we're only three and a half years into this parenting journey, but so far it's an absolute blast. Yes physically it might be a little more exhausting, and going places can be pretty stressful, but it won't be that way forever. I love that they're all on a similar schedule, and that they are into the same activities and games. And as they get older I find it difficult to believe that Jack will feel babied because he's doing something that Anna or Lily enjoys.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but ultimately I'm so glad that God is the final authority in these decisions and not us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10