Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Books I'm Reading

I had so much fun discussing my favorite books from last year, and hearing what you guys were reading, that I wanted to share what I'm reading right now. After reading this post, I'm considering writing out all the books I'd like to read this year. For now here is what I've just finished reading or am currently reading(2 of these were purchased using swagbucks, and the other was a Christmas present from my brother.)
Praise Her in the Gates: The Calling of Christian Motherhood

I really enjoy Nancy Wilson. She's straight forward and to the point. This book was incredibly affirming and encouraging. In this season of life with little ones I can grow weary, so it's nice to be reminded about why I'm doing what I'm doing. She includes a chapter devoted to raising boys and another to raising girls, and I found those especially helpful.

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

In the last six months I've heard so many good things about this book, that I finally had to see what all the hype was about. I'm only on the fourth chapter, so I can't give my complete opinion, but the chapter on being a lukewarm Christian kicked my booty! Have any of you read this? What did you think?

Passionate Housewives Desperate for God

I received this book just a few days ago, so I haven't really read too much of it(since I'm reading Crazy Love.) Judging by reviews I've read I probably won't agree with all of the authors opinions(though I don't think I agree with anyone on everything!) However, I've been wanting to read this since I had Jack and am looking forward to gleaning the authors wisdom.

What are you reading right now?










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10