Monday, March 3, 2014

Ice, Sleet, and Snow...Oh my!



Ice, sleet, and snow. Those are three words that describe this past weekend. Saturday night, we got hit with an ice storm, causing church to be cancelled Sunday, and schools(our homeschool group included) to be cancelled on Monday.

I think it's safe to say that I'm starting to get a little stir crazy. ;)

But as I posted out on facebook a few days ago, April is in a month, so surely we will be able to go outside and enjoy some sunshine soon.

With that in mind, I figured we may as well embrace what is (hopefully) one of the last ice storms of the year. We checked out a huge stack of books from the library and even checked out some movies while we were there. Sunday morning we spent a couple of hours baking(granola, homemade bread, and pumpkin bread), and playing legos. Since classical conversations was cancelled on Monday, I decided to give the kids a snow day and surprise them with a movie and popcorn day(we were able to download Frozen on our xbox.)

All in all, it's not been too bad being cooped up inside.

But, you know, if warmer weather did decide to make an appearance, I wouldn't complain. :)


Goals

1. Exercise 5 days.

2. Continue reading In Grandma's Attic along with several other books(a lot of them are taken from this list- I'm seriously so thankful for an amazing library!) 

3. Continue memorizing Philippians 2.

4. Focus on giving "soft answers" and using my words for encouraging and building up, and not complaining(God has really been working on my heart in this area recently.)

Menu Plan

Breakfast- Granola, bread with honey & cinnamon, oatmeal, pumpkin bread, & banana pancakes.

Lunch- Salads, leftovers, and peanutbutter & jelly

Dinner- Spaghetti, tacos with guacamole and rice, tomato basil soup, grilled chicken with sweet potato hash browns and green beans, pancakes & eggs, pizza, and turkey burgers.

How was everyone else's weekend? Anyone else snowed in?

Be sure to enter the giveaway for doTERRA essential oils!

If you enjoyed this post, I would be honored if you subscribed to this blog via email, or "liked" my page on facebook. Thank you so much for stopping by!

(Amazon links are affiliates, thank you!)




1 comment :

  1. I love your "using soft words!" That might be on my goals list next week! (I can always use help in that department!) We loved In Grandma's Attic when I read it to the kids a few years ago!

    Stopping over from MSM- here's my goals for the week in case you're curious ;) http://womenwithintention.com/goals-week-12/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10