Sunday, September 5, 2010

What's Cooking?

My favorite time of year is here! I don't know about you guys but I can seriously get in a food rut towards the end of summer. Not that I don't love grilling, but after awhile it starts to feel as if we are eating the same things every week! That doesn't seem to be the case with fall, though. Soups, slow cooked meals, baked apples, and pumpkin bread(I bet you can't tell I'm on a diet by the way I'm talking!) all seem to be in constant demand around here, and it's hard to get bored with those!

Anyways, I thought I'd share some links to some recipes we've been enjoying this past week. Tonight we had homemade pizza, and we used this crust. A couple of nights ago(on the first "fall" night) we had this pot roast, and some creme brulee cheesecake for desert(we were in Heaven!)

And lest you think I rely to heavily on the internet for recipes, I thought I'd share my husband's favorite dish that was derived from a Betty Crocker cook book. I have seriously made this for him every birthday and father's day since we've been married.

Easy Coq Au Vin

-package of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up.
-can of chicken broth
-six strips of bacon
-clove of garlic
-1/2 cup of flour
-1 tsp of salt
-1 tsp of pepper

Place bacon in frying pan, fry until crispy, remove from skillet and absorb grease in paper towels. Crumble bacon, and set aside. While bacon is frying mix the flour, salt, and pepper, and lather chicken in flour mixture. As soon as bacon is fried, place the floured chicken in bacon grease. Let fry until golden brown on all sides. Drain fat. Pour Chicken broth, garlic, and bacon crumbles in pan with the fried chicken. You can also add some carrots and mushrooms. Let broth boil, and then cover the pan and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve with mashed potatoes(the broth makes a really tasty gravy) and enjoy!

What are your favorite recipes?

1 comment :

  1. Hey, you won the Charlie and Trike giveaway! Yay! :)

    Please email me at sarahmae (at) likeawarmcuofcoffee (dot) com with "C & T winner"
    in the subject line - please include your snail mail so we can get the book to you! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10