Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Books!

The other day I gave in and used some of my swagbucks to buy a couple of books I've been drooling over wanting to read. When I say I gave in, I mean that it was literally a struggle for me to use some of my swagbucks(I'm a great hoarder of gift cards), but I finally decided my desire to read was stronger than my desire to hang on to my gift cards. Here is what I decided to buy.
 
The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity


I've been wanting to read The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity for awhile now, and I'm so glad I bought it! I'm only a couple of chapters in, but I can tell it's a book full of wisdom and encouragement. I'm sure I'll be rereading this one throughout my journey as a mom.


Building Her House: Commonsensical Wisdom for Christian Women (Marigold)


I also decided to purchase Nancy Wilson's, Building Her House: Commonsensical Wisdom for Christian Women (Marigold). I hadn't really heard much about this book, but Erik and I have enjoyed some of her husbands teaching. The other night I stumbled onto the blog she shares with her daughters, and decided I wanted to glean all the wisdom I could from her! The reviews of this book said she dedicates a chapter to raising sons and another to raising daughters, and since I can use all the specific help I can get I didn't hesitate purchasing this book! It's a quick and short read, almost as if reading a diary. Each chapter covers various aspects of Biblical Womanhood(loving husband, homemaking, raising children, submission, etc), but also has chapters dedicated to dealing with your in laws, dealing with postpartum hormones, and suggestions for a Sabbath dinner(which is an interesting idea).

What books are you reading right now?

1 comment :

  1. So once I finish Heaven At Home we totally need to trade because I want to read those! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10