Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Having a Baking and Freezing Day

I have always enjoyed making meals ahead and freezing them. When I had Anna, I got the idea to freeze several meals(I wasn't so smart when I had Jack :-)and it served our family really well. Since there is a blog carnival over the next couple of days for people who are having a baking and freezer cooking day, I thought I would participate, and use this experience to prepare me for next month, when I plan on having a really big freezer cooking day, since this baby will be getting close to due by then! So here is a list of things I am hoping to make. It's not nearly as impressive as others on the money saving mom blog, but this is just what has to work for me right now!

1. Make whole Chicken in crockpot, and shred meat for various meals throughout the month
2. Whole Wheat Waffles(my kids are obsessed with these, and I'm thinking the whole wheat makes them decently healthy.)
3. Sugar Cookie Dough
4. Reeses Peanut Butter Cookies
5. 2 pans of chicken enchiladas
6. Broccoli Cheese Soup
7. Chicken Noodle Soup
8. Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole

We will see how much of this I am actually able to accomplish, but all the times I have done this has been a huge blessing since we are able to avoid eating out on busy nights, or nights when I'm too tired to cook. I will be updating later today or tomorrow to let you know what actually got done!

To participate in this freezer cooking day, or to follow others who are participating check out Money Saving Mom's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10