Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easter 2015


With each passing year, my desire to create lasting memories with my family grows stronger.


Or maybe the fact that my mom was pretty big on holidays, and it's now been passed onto me. 

At any rate, we love holidays around here(well....my husband might not love holidays like I love holidays, but he's a good sport and goes along with my rituals and ideas.;)

On Good Friday we dyed eggs.


They were very excited. :)




Max was completely mesmerized by his purple egg(he was also a fan of throwing the eggs on the floor, just to be sure that they really wouldn't break, ha!)

We also talked about how our sin is dark and ugly. To demonstrate this we rubbed some mud on our arms. Then we talked about how sometimes we try to fix ourselves and make ourselves better, and rubbed a mud soaked rag on our arms to show that even when we try to fix ourselves we can sometimes make things even messier. Finally we washed our arms with clean water, to remind us that only Jesus can wash our sin(thanks for the idea, Mrs. Gore!) I was pleasantly surprised by how much the kids seemed to understand and enjoy this analogy.


On Easter morning we made resurrection rolls .like we did last year, and read the Easter story.

After we rushed around trying to get everyone ready we were able to get some pictures before church.



Sweet sisters. :)


Silly brothers.



The combination of beautiful weather and melted marshmallows for breakfast made for lots of dancing, singing, and giggling. :)


Maybe one day, we'll be able to get everyone to look at the camera at the same time. :) I hope everyone had a great Easter!



2 comments :

  1. LOL about everyone looking at the same time! I get it...it take soooo many pics to get a good one! Love the sweet pictures of your kids anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am crazy about traditions too! It gets crazy real quick with all the things I want to treasure with my children- and I don't have the privilege of being able to homeschool. Thanks for sharing your families' memories.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10