Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Weekend

We had such a nice weekend, this past week. We got to go back to our home town and visit with family and close friends. Even though we've lived in our "new" town for close to a year, our old town still feels like our home.

On Friday, I got to hang out with my best friend, whose name is also Jessica, and we had such a great time hanging out. In fact, it was 2 o'clock in the morning before we finally made ourselves stop talking! Her older sister owns a little bed and breakfast/ Inn, and very sweetly offered to let us spend the night there Friday night, so that's what we did. After about five hours of sleep we dragged ourselves out of bed, still talking mind you, and went and got breakfast. It was so much fun.

Most of Saturday was spent helping my sister in law and her family move. For me helping meant trying to keep the kids out of the way! The kids did a pretty good job at their grandparents house, but there was some definite sleep issues while we were there. Oh well it all works out though, because the past two days all four kids have slept until 9. See? There's a bright side to everything! I also got to go out for a little girls night after my kids(finally) fell asleep. It was so much fun hanging out and catching up with everyone again.

Sunday we went back to our old church, and had a great time worshipping with other believers. Jack, who hadn't gone to bed until ten o'clock the night before and was up before six in the morning, had a little bit of a rough time sitting through church, but that wasn't that big of a deal. In the afternoon we took Anna, and our niece and nephew to the theatre to see Brave. It was Anna's first time in a movie theatre, and she did excellent. She started out on my lap, but as soon as she saw the bear come on screen she quickly decided that daddy might be able to protect her better than mommy and moved to his lap.

We got home Sunday night around 8. We let them burn off some energy before putting them to bed, and then Erik and I curled up on the couch and watched the gymnastics Olympic trials(yes my husband loves me a lot to sit and watch that with me!)

It was a great, but very busy weekend. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but here's one I took Friday before we left:


Anna and Lily are very into being princesses right now, Jack was doing something else so he wasn't available to be Prince Charming, so they decided they could just dance together. :)

This is the Bible verse I've been repeating to myself a lot throughout the day; "And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, in which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:15-16

Sorry this post is so boring! Did the rest of you have a nice weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10