Saturday, June 9, 2012

Yep, I'm still Alive

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, so I haven't had much time to blog lately, but I'm hoping to get back into blogging more consistently this week. So what have I been up to lately? We-elll.... Here's a little hint for you..



Why yes that is the beach! See, a few weeks ago my husband found out he was being sent out to Los Angeles for job training. When I heard he was going, I thought it'd be fun to go with him for a few days, but didn't think it would probably happen. Truthfully, I really wanted to go, but wasn't sure I could handle being away from my babies!

Well, Erik, my parents, and his parents figured out a way for me to be able to go, and both sets of grandparents said they would be willing to take the kids, as long as we divided them up. Even though I was nervous about going, I really couldn't turn down the chance to spend some alone time with my husband(not to mention alone time on the beach!)

Photo: Freezing in Los Angeles but hey at least we are at the beach !

This was a very relaxing trip for me. I honestly didn't realize how burned out and overwhelmed I had been feeling, and it was nice to take a little break. I sort of used this week to have a "personal retreat", and spend a little extra time with the Lord and pray more specifically for my family. I'm hoping to post a little more about that later this week. 

We flew home late last night, and got home at four o' clock this morning. We slept for a little bit, then went and got Anna and Lily from Erik's parents. Tomorrow my mom and dad are bringing Max and Jack down. Even though I'm so thankful for getting to go, we were both so happy to see our little girls this morning! And I can't wait to see my boys tomorrow!


2 comments :

  1. That sounds like a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an awesome experience! That is great that you got to relax and refresh for a few days.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10