Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Freezer Cooking Follow Up

Yesterday's freezer cooking didn't go quite as smooth as I had hoped. First off our washing machine broke, so I had to spend a little bit of time figuring out what to do about that over the phone with Erik. Then once we found one, I had to get things cleaned up in the laundry room so that when the installers came no one would be embarrassed..;)

I did manage to get almost everything made that I had planned. The only thing I didn't get around to was the chocolate chip cookies. I was getting a little grouchy, and I'm a firm believer that making cookies should always be a fun experience! I'm hoping to make those today.

Anna helping me roll tortillas.

So by the time it was all said and done I made 12 tortillas, 16 hamburger buns, one loaf of bread, and four pizza crusts. The kids love helping me make tortillas, and really any type of bread, probably because I can let them experiment to their hearts content since it's really hard to mess up those things. 

Despite the day not going as smoothly as I'd hoped(but really, does any day go as smooth as hoped?!) I'm so glad I got ahead, and now I shouldn't have hardly any work to do on pizza, hamburger, and Mexican nights for at least a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10