Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm Thankful for..



My husband. Yes, it's (hopefully) an obvious thing to be thankful for, but sometimes you just need to say it out loud. Or write it in a blog post, as the case may be. :)

Erik and I have been married for a little over six years, and in those six years we've survived unemployment, brought four little ones into the world, and made some pretty terrible financial decisions. We've had to learn a lot of lessons the hard way, and it's not always been easy for us. But we've learned to cling to each other, and more importantly we've learned to cling to the Lord. I am so blessed to be married to a man who loves God more than anyone, or anything else. And I can honestly say that, because that has not always been the case. But that's a different story for a different day.

Erik's heart is to take care of his family and lead us well.  He wants our marriage to be focused on God as much as I do, and has even set an alarm on my phone to remind me it's time to pray together. He wants to teach Jack and Max to be providers and protectors. He very much desires for them to grow into godly men. And he adores Anna and Lily, and wants to protect them. I'm not sure anything melts my heart more than watching my husband with our children.


He's humble. Seriously he's one of the most humble people I've ever met. He's also quick to forgive the somewhat stubborn woman he's married to.

He's also hilarious, and we have so much fun together.

We don't have marriage all figured out, and we are far(very far!) from perfect. We still have arguments, and hurt feelings just like anyone else. But we are learning. And I'm so very thankful for the awesome man, the Lord has blessed me with!


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10