Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Birthday Party Weekend

Oh my goodness, this weekend was crazy. Crazy in a good way, but crazy nonetheless. Since Lily turned two last week, and my children have amazing grandparents who want to spend time with them around their birthdays, last week turned out to be very busy.

Wednesday was Lily's actual birthday, and we celebrated it as a family. Lily is a very easy girl to please when it comes to food, but I remembered her gobbling up some Italian cream cheese chicken awhile back so that's what I made her for her birthday dinner. After dinner we had her birthday cupcakes, and tried to sing Happy Birthday, but she got very frustrated that we were singing it to her. Gotta love two year olds! :)

On Thursday, my mom and dad came down. They always try to see the kids once every month or every six weeks, and it's always a big deal when they come. The kids adore their Papa and Nana. Which is awesome, but also makes it very difficult when my parents have to leave.


My parents had to leave on Friday night, and my in laws arrived in town Saturday morning. This trip was extra special since my sister in law and new brother in law came in town from North Carolina(they didn't just come for Lily's birthday, they had job interviews), but it was so fun getting to spend some time together and get to know our new brother in law.

We headed to the Magic House in St Louis, and had so much fun watching the kids play. Places like that are really difficult to go to when it's just Erik and I, but seeing as how the adults outnumbered the children we were able to make the trip, and actually enjoy it! :)




We went on a double date to five guys while my mother and father in law babysat the kids. On Sunday we went to church, and then came back home for lunch. When nap time arrived, my in laws headed home.

It was a fun, and very busy weekend. Did the rest of you do anything fun and exciting this weekend?

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment :

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet Lily! It sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend even though it was so busy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, and I also love responding to them!

Share this!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10